Sunday February 15th, 2009

The exercise:

It's an absolutely beautiful day here in Vancouver - sitting here, with the sun pouring through the window, it feels like Summer has arrived.

So today's starter is: sunshine.

Mine:

The flowers on the table
Can weave a lovely fable
When posing in the sunshine
That rests gently on its shrine.

The tree branch waving outside
Casts a shadow that divides
The living room with a line
That's had a bit too much wine.

The skin on my face drinks in
The gentle heat with a grin;
It's been too long since the day
The sun last came out to play.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My offering:

Sunshine fills the space
Where memories collide
Your face wreathed in smiles
My small hands encased in yours.

Sunshine paints the sky
Where dreams and blue birds fly
I hold this feeling in my heart
I hold your bright heart in my hands.

Clouds now fill the void
Where once the sun did live
Now our happiness lives inside
Where yesterday can never die.

Marc said...

Lovely Ana - so glad you brought it over to Protag :)