Saturday October 24th, 2009

The exercise:

Your four line poem prompt for this fine Saturday is: unexpected.

My birthday isn't until Monday, but everybody knows that Monday is a pretty crap day to celebrate your birthday. So I'm going out with friends this afternoon/evening instead. Kat has been getting me excited about my present, so I'm really looking forward to finding out what it is.

Oddly, that has nothing to do with the choice of prompt today... but I thought I'd share anyway.

Mine:

All along we've done our jobs just fine,
But of you we're getting quite tired;
Of your delays, your nonsense... hold up.
You really just said that we're fired?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

presentiment before a storm

Tickle of fear on my spine
Your breath on the wire
You say everything is fine, fine
So why is the sky on fire?

Unknown said...

Here's an early birthday present: I recently discovered this band called Grizzly Bear that I adore and I think you'd really like them, too. :-)

Here are some of my favey-fave tracks:

Two Weeks

While You Wait for the Others

Ready, Able (Live)

Greg said...

I'd definitely agree that celebrating a Monday birthday the Saturday before is a good idea! I hope you let us all know what this exciting present is too :)

I like your poem, the last line was nicely... unexpected ;-)

Unexpected

Rat-a-tat-tat on the door of the house,
Where I know that the party's at.
An angry man answers and I'm unexpected,
They've hidden the party! Oh drat!

Marc said...

Ana - oh, that's a lovely poem there. Nicely done!

And thank you for the prezzie! I shall listen to them poste haste and let you know what I think :)

Greg - plus I get to celebrate it all weekend, really. So that's a plus as well :P

And those dang hidden parties get ya every time.