Friday January 2nd, 2009

The exercise:

Alrighty, the first chapter of the novel is online. Please do check it out and let me know what you think - all feedback is appreciated and will be kept in mind when I get to the rewrite stage. Yes, when - not if.

For those of you who might be new around these parts, on Friday I like to post a Def Poetry Jam performance to discuss. It’s a pseudo-day off for me.

So this week, after a two week break, Def Poetry Jam Friday returns to present Al B. Back’s Super Negro.

Mine:

This is simply a brilliantly pieced together performance - the misdirection, the pauses, the facial expressions, everything.

That it is all used to address the ever so touchy subject of racism just makes it all the better.

It’s tough for me to isolate just one line, but I’ll go with this one as my favorite: “All minds and all eyes and all hope is on me in a room where a wallet is stolen.”

Have a good weekend.

No comments: