Wednesday January 7th, 2009

The exercise:

Schott’s Miscellany continues to be a source of inspiration - I suspect this trend will continue.

Anyway, today’s page features a poem titled On Men & Shoes, so today’s starter is simply: shoes. Write about your own, your partner’s or a friend’s. One pair or a collection, the shoe closet is the limit!

Mine:

I’m not a particularly fashion conscious man (just ask my poor girlfriend) but I think I have more than my fair share of shoes. I try to have a set for most occasions but lately I’ve only been wearing one pair.

I bought them just over a year ago and they are truly an all in one wonder. They’re comfortable, so I can wear them for long periods of time or for hikes or what have you. They’re plain black so I can get away with wearing them with fancier clothes. And, most importantly for Vancouver, they’re waterproof.

I wasn’t sure about them when I first saw them in the store because they are slip-ons and I’ve always worn lace-ups. But man, do they ever fir like a glove. For my feet. I think I shall call them Glovefeet.

No comments: