Wednesday January 21st, 2009

The exercise:

I was having trouble deciding on the prompt for today, as it is a day weighted with a lot of meaning for me, but it was also my first day of work at the new temp position.

So I caved and decided to write about both by simply making the prompt: today.

I may or may not have written mine after reading several pages of Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Mine:

Today, today,
Is an anniversary.
Also, also,
Off to work I go.
Alas, alas,
The day went by not fast.
But wait, but wait,
Guess what I did ate?
Cookies, cookies!
(Sugar free thanks to diabetes).
Three years, three years,
Since that diagnosed fear.
But hear, but hear:
I am very much still here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're liking Shel Silverstein! He's one of my all-time favorites. This was a great little poem, very true to Silverstein's style, but with a little Marc thrown in for good measure. ;)

Marc said...

Thanks Ana - and thanks for pointing me in his direction :)