Tuesday January 27th, 2009

The exercise:

Today's starter: on a budget.

Mine:

So the Conservatives unveiled their new budget today as Prime Minister Harper finally came out of his corner to play with the other children. I didn't catch the announcement but I'll just go ahead and assume he was sucking his thumb and holding on to his blankie throughout the proceedings.

Now the question is whether or not the Liberals will go along with it or attempt to form a coalition government with the other two parties. We'll find out the answer in the morning, assuming we can trust a politician to keep his word.

Me? I've made my disdain for the Prime Minister (note the lack of 'my' or 'our' before the title) abundantly clear but I'm still not convinced a coalition is the way to go about getting rid of him. But hey, if I can't trust my fellow Canadians to not vote for the slimy bastard, maybe this is the only way.

And if it does happen, at least the Liberals no longer have a leader who might have been even more embarrassing a representative of our country as the current Prime Idiot is.

No comments: