Monday January 19th, 2009

The exercise:

Today's prompt: sweet relief.

Mine:

So the wait is over, at last. I heard back this morning about the temp job and I start on Wednesday.

I think this was the best Monday morning in recent memory, if not ever. Okay, probably not ever, but you get the idea. This is the way a week should start.

No more worries about making the rent payment, I'll be able to start saving again and there's a reasonable chance that the position could extend beyond the end of March. It'll just be a matter of finding the budget for the position and me being a model employee. At least I'm in control of half of the decision, that's more than I could say for most jobs I've had previously.

It'll mean less time to write, but I'll find and make the time as I always do. And I get tomorrow to do whatever, which is nice. It'll probably end up being a whole lot of writing. And maybe a haircut.

Okay, definitely a haircut.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Congratulations on getting the job! I'm sure you'll manage to squeeze the writing in somehow (well you'd better, you don't get to abandon Tagged now ;-) ). Speaking of which, I'll add again soon, but this week I'm in Malaga for work with no internet connection out of the office.

But to today's theme: Sweet Relief.

George stood in the doorway of the living room, looking worried. Anne, his wife, poked him in the small of the back, making him jump.
"What's up?" she said. "Why don't you go and sit down, lunch is nearly ready."
"Well," said George slowly, "everytime I sit on the couch I think it groans. And if I move to get more comfortable it groans some more."
"Really?" Anne raised an overplucked eyebrow.
"Yes. And," George paused, as though unsure if to carry on speaking; "and I think it's making my trousers wet." He pointed at a large damp patch on the back of one leg.
"Oh George," sighed Anne, turning back to the kitchen. "You're just providing suite relief...."

Marc said...

Cheers Greg. No worries, I have no intention of abandoning Tagged, I'm enjoying the hell out of that :)

Yours cracked me up - truly there is nothing finer than a well placed pun.