Wednesday January 28th, 2009

The exercise:

Well the government is still standing, for now anyway. I should think the Liberals managed to win a few more votes just by not sending us through another election so soon after the last one.

In other news, the starter for today is: clocks.

Mine:

I don't care for the time
This clock does chime;
It cannot be this late,
That tock must wait.

There's too much to be done,
My rest I've won;
My writing time well earned,
Candles still burn.

But my eyes grow weary,
My thoughts are leery;
So I shut off the light -
I've lost this fight.

1 comment:

Monica Manning said...

The Hands of Time

Incessant ticking
not only marks the pace, but
pushes time forward
compelling it to speed faster.

The countdown
has begun
and she frantically works
to halt detonation.

Not willing
to lose everything
she will fight
until the end.

Time will not win,
the reflection is promised,
and she dabs on
more moisturizer.