Friday April 21st, 2017

The exercise:

Write four lines of prose about: the secret key.

I've made it to the end of my first four day work week.

Which means I've made it to the beginning of my four day weekend.

Both of the above feel pretty good, though I have to admit to favoring the second at the moment.

Today went very well. The sun was shining, people were out walking and bicycling to enjoy it, and everyone seemed to be in good moods. And, as a bonus, there were no unpleasant messes to be cleaned up in any of the washrooms.

Had a blast with the bakery crew after work, enjoying a beer with some pizza, fries, nachos, and salad. And excellent company, of course. Definitely want to get together with them on a fairly regular basis.

Mine:

"How did you get in here?"

"Oh, you know... I have my ways."

"You made a copy of my house key while I was napping again, didn't you?"

"Nah, man, I'm like a ninja... but, uh, don't go changing your locks for some reason, all right?"

2 comments:

Greg said...

I get the feeling this prompt was inspired by yesterday's discovery of intruders in the washroom while it was locked :) A four-day weekend sounds nice, though I seem to be having a few of those at the moment due to Malta's public holidays, plus I've been to Budapest which makes the week feel shorter, and I should be off to Kiev for a couple of days at the end of next week. Busy, busy. The party sounds like a blast, especially beers and pizza (um, you may keep the salad, it sounds... too Canadian for me ;-) )
Hah, I think the house-key works better for me than ninja, but it would be nice to have a ninaj-friend. I think.

Still on poetry for the month but we're running out of days so you'll get some prose back soon :)

The secret key
He said, "Steganography
Is rife with secret keys."
She said, "Don't try and sleep with me
That sounds like a disease."

Marc said...

Greg - yeah, you're probably right about that inspiration. Seems like something I would do, at any rate.

Hah! I suppose steganography does sound like something I wouldn't want to catch. Thanks for the laugh on this one :)