Friday April 7th, 2017

The exercise:

Write four lines of prose about: the cat burglar.

Despite a thunderstorm in the morning, I was only left with six loaves of bread to put in the freezer at the end of the day, along with about a dozen macaroons to set aside for tomorrow. That's more like it, Osoyoos.

My parents arrived for a weekend visit just before dinner. They'll be staying until Monday, which means they'll be part of Miles' birthday celebration this Sunday.

Very much looking forward to that, while also hoping for some sunshine and warmer temperatures so that we can host it on our deck.

Mine:

Oh, he's quick and nimble, all right. Flexible, too. He has to be, in his line of work, you know?

But I'm not sure all those bloody scratches are really worth whatever he gets paid for each bag of squirming, screaming cats he collects...

2 comments:

Greg said...

Happy Birthday to Miles in advance then! Do your birthdays all cluster together in the same part of the year, or is it just Kat and Miles that come close together? I think I can remember you worrying a little that Max might be born on your birthday.
Well I admire the fortitude of your cat burglar, though I'm sure it's a job I'd not want to do!

Sticking with a poem for National Poetry Month, as promised, but keeping the four line requirement :)

The cat burglar
When tuna-fish goes missing
And someone's thrown up in your shoes,
When your cat is looking innocent...
You know who to accuse!

Marc said...

Greg - thanks!

Kat and Miles are about two weeks apart, and Max and I are about two weeks apart as well. So, yeah... clustering :)

Haha, a perfectly acceptable way to ignore the prompt, though I do appreciate your sticking to four lines :) And thank you for the smile this one gifted me.