Saturday April 22nd, 2017

The exercise:

Write a four line poem about: the accomplice.

Took Max to his soccer practice this morning and proceeded to attempt to coach 4,5, and 6 year olds while also trying to get Max to have a turn with the other coach.

Neither of those things went particularly well. I'm not sure I have the patience or technique to deal with all those kids, and Max doesn't seem ready for this level of class (nor is he willing to attend without me when I'm working). Which is fine, he's got plenty of time for that, especially considering he's one of the youngest ones there.

With my work schedule I'll be unavailable for Thursday practices for the next two weeks and for Saturdays for the next four (though I think there might be a long weekend in there somewhere, which means no soccer).

I guess I'll see where things stand by that point for the both of us.

Mine:

Oh my dear, darling Bonnie,
You simply must know that it's true!
When it comes to robbing banks,
I couldn't do it without you.

3 comments:

morganna said...

I'd do anything for you
So tell me what to do,
Consider it done,
I shall not fail you.

Greg said...

@Morganna: I like the sentiment of your poem but personally I dislike the rhyme scheme, probably because it's such a short poem. I could see it working in a longer piece. However, that's just a personal opinion and shouldn't detract from the quality of the work!

@Marc: It doesn't sound like you had as much fun at practice this time, which is a shame. It also sounds like you won't see many of them either, which is also a bit of a shame. I would say that both patience and technique are things that come with practice and that sticking with it (and perhaps getting some tips from the head coach) is the best way to improve. Certainly I developed patience over years of dealing with idiots and while I don't like children the same techniques for being patient seem to work. (I'm not sure if that says more about children or idiots... I suspect idiots.)
I really like Clyde's poem :)

The accomplice
The boy in the photograph made me want to cry
When I saw the emotion in his eyes.
Partners in Rhyme, commiting Lovecraftian crimes,
Following him to where he "died".

Marc said...

Morganna - that sounds like the sort of accomplice I'd like to have by my side!

Greg - yeah, well, they won't let me use a taser on the ones who refuse to listen, so I'm at a loss as to what to do :P

Max has pretty much lost complete interest in going, so it's not feeling like my problem any more. Though I do feel bad for the other kids, as I feel like I'm letting them down by not being there to help.

I do appreciate any and all references to Partners in Rhyme, so you must know that I like this one :)