Saturday April 29th, 2017

The exercise:

Write a four line poem about: smoking in the boy's room.

Wow. I did not remember that video being that weird.

Anyway, wasn't the inspiration. No, that would be whoever has decided that the men's washroom at the main beach in Osoyoos is a lovely place for an evening smoke. And then leaves the cigarette butts in there.

As a bonus, two out of the last three mornings there have been butts in one of the urinals.

Below is my attempt to understand it. I am very glad my weekend has arrived.

Mine:

Pee scented
And poo smeared,
He likes it for
The atmosphere

2 comments:

Greg said...

Perhaps the washroom is sheltered? Or they're smoking when they arrive and they figure the washroom gets cleaned regularly? But either way I can see that it wasn't what you were expecting :)
I like your take on the smoker's preferences though!

Smoking in the boys' room
The girls have drilled a peephole
And they've snapping pictures on their phones
'Cos Gareth's in the boys' room
Smokin' hot and naked to the bones.

[I moved the apostrophe in boy's because I think it's what you intended :)]

Marc said...

Greg - well, it is sheltered. And when there are multiple butts on the floor it suggests to me hanging out in there to smoke, rather than passing through.

Either way. Smoking is dumb and people who smoke are dumb. That is all.

Hah, nice take on the prompt. And I wasn't sure where to stick the apostrophe, as various sites listed it in different places for the song I referenced.