Tuesday April 25th, 2017

The exercise:

Write two haiku about: the days of the week.

Dropped Max off at playschool this morning without issue, did a few errands with Miles in town, then picked the eldest up again before lunch. Spent a bit of time playing in the playground adjacent to the school before getting them home for food and nap time for the youngest.

Wandered the farm with Max while his little brother was napping, finding Grandma weeding the raspberry canes and Grandma Sue hanging out with Cousin Emersyn in her front yard.

Finally got him back home after Miles woke up and then spent the rest of the day in and around the house. Managed to have dinner on the deck but it was a little chilly out there.

Pretty good way to end my weekend. Back to work tomorrow.

Mine:

Wednesday starts my week...
Except next week it's Thursday.
Except the next week...

*     *     *

Keep changing around
Lisa's schedule; soon enough
You will have her job.

3 comments:

morganna said...

Monday, Tuesday, Wednes-
day, Thursday, Friday, Satur-
day, Sunday, we're done!

Seven days make a
Week. In strict order, fifty-
two times, makes a year.

Greg said...

@Morganna: I like your first haiku better this week for managing to fit all the days of the week so neatly like that!

@Marc: sounds like you're having bucolic days off! I think I like your second haiku better, although I feel a certain amount of sympathy with Lisa....

The days of the week
Solomon Grundy
held a grudge against the days...
understandable

-----
New days in the week
Mean you can do more work, right?
See you on Newday!

Marc said...

Morganna - I like the matter of factness to your haiku this week. And, as Greg mentioned, it's impressive that you managed to fit all the days into your first!

Greg - two things. One: bucolic seems like it should be a disease of some sort. Two: I didn't even realize mine was an acrostic until I'd looked at it a second time.

Ah, the joys of being so far behind on comments...

Hah, I like both of yours. Perhaps the first one slightly more. I could use a Newday though...