Friday March 27th, 2009

The exercise:

This week's installment of Def Poetry Jam Friday features Helena D. Lewis' Stank Breath.

Er, and by that I mean the performance is titled "stank breath", not that Helena has... never mind. Just go watch the video already.

Mine:

The Matrix portion of this piece is worth the price of admission alone. Assuming one were paying to see this performance. Which I would if she ever came to my neck of the woods.

All the words that began with 'H' was probably my second favorite, but smelling his breath through his cheeks is right up there too.

Anyway, I thought we could all use a laugh to get the weekend started. Have a good one!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Hehe, that kinds of blurs the line between poetry and stand-up! I agree with you about the Matrix portion -- that did make me laugh out loud.

Stank Breath

A bell rings within the walls
Of education's hallowed halls.
A girl walks lonely, head hung low
With nowhere really she wants to go.
Then she is stopped and surrounded
She lifts her head: her hope's unfounded.
Aggressive faces of other girls,
A screaming mouth that only hurls
Repeated insults in her face
That have the sting of new-sprayed Mace.
"Stank Breath, Stank Breath, Stank Breath!"
She stoically waits for social death.

Kim said...

Loved it. I've not used to hearing comedy that is so funny!

Marc said...

Greg - you made me feel very sorry for the girl in your poem, though you were probably kinder to her than most school kids would be.

Kim - glad you enjoyed it Kim :)