Friday March 6th, 2009

The exercise:

This week's Def Poetry Jam performance, for your viewing pleasure, is Geoff Trenchard's Ode To My Bathroom.

Mine:

This performance just makes me smile.

It's two poems for the price of one - I'm not sure which one I like more. Okay, I do - it's totally Jason's. Sorry, I can't pretend otherwise.

Although I'll admit to really liking the description of his classmates, as well as some really choice lines like '... clenching his paper like it's God's autograph.'

Here's another piece from Geoff Trenchard, with the intensity ratcheted up about a bajillion notches.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Wow, Ode to my Bathroom is really quite something! This guy's pretty good. And yeah, Jason's poem is pretty good too :)

Answering your question of a day or two ago; Liverpool are my football team, since that's where I grew up.

Ode to my Bathroom

White tiles, cracked in so many places,
Hold memories that aren't mine of years that have gone by.
A chipped and stained mirror hangs on the wall,
And reflects someone else's image every time I look.
The toilet flushes when it thinks I'm not listening,
And the taps leak whenever I go out.
My bathroom resents me and wants me to leave,
This is a war of attrition.

Marc said...

Ah, The Reds; nice. You're living elsewhere now, then?

A war of attrition with your bathroom - I quite like that idea :)