Wednesday March 25th, 2009

The exercise:

A little something different for you today. I've been browsing various Whose Line is it Anyway clips on YouTube and thought I'd use one as today's starter:



Use whatever happens to inspire you while watching the video, be it a word or action or simply the name of the show, as mine was.

Mine:

Silence descends as our conversation awaits the next line. It lengthens and grows deeper as I wonder if it's yours or if it's mine. I pretend indifference as I continue to dine but the clock continues to mark the time until it strikes nine. I make reluctant eye contact, hoping for some sort of sign.

You return my look with a superficial smile that tells me that you find this quiet most vile. But no words are spoken so I gaze out the window for a while before sorting my food into three separate piles. I wonder if the distance between us can now be measured in miles.

How has our bond reached such a state of decay? Our lives have less spice than this bland fillet; we used to walk this road together but now we've gone astray. It's much too late to fix all out wasted yesterdays, so I guess it doesn't matter whose line it is anyway.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Marc! Perfect! Whose Line is one of my favorite TV shows! (When I used to watch TV...)

Ode To Ryan Stiles

I know you may be surprised
But I have this little crush
On comic Ryan Stiles
He really is too much.

He's a bit of a dork
It's true I will admit
But never has a man
Displayed such agile wit.

He takes it on the chin
He's the master of quick comment
Colin and Drew can't compete
Ryan came before they went!

Marc said...

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how I first came across a Whose Line clip on YouTube, but all of a sudden it was two hours later and my laugh muscles hurt.

While they all have their moments, I think Ryan is the most consistently awesome. Excellent choice, excellent ode :)