Wednesday March 11th, 2009

The exercise:

On most days, the ability to write about absolutely anything is extremely freeing.

On days like today, the feeling is more along the lines of 'I can write about anything? How will I pick just one thing?'

Thus, today's starter: spoiled for choice.

Mine:

I could write about this,
Or I could write about that;
My very first kiss,
Or my deep fear of bats;
The secret path to bliss,
Or noisy little brats;
I could pen a nasty diss,
Or tell you of my distaste for cats;
But now I've reached the end of this,
And I've written about none of that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What makes me, me
Is just a string of things
Each one contradicted by the next
Yet each thing essential.

Take, for example,
My fear of heights
Contradicted, of course,
By my enjoyment of roller coasters.

Consider, dear reader,
My love of cats
Which is marred by the allergy
That plagues my watery eyes & nose.

What makes me, me:
A classification of contradictions
A list of loves
A harangue of hates
Each one dependent on the other.

Marc said...

It's a pleasure to know the walking contradiction that is you :)