Sunday March 8th, 2009

Note - I'm messing with my blog template. So if things look screwy, hold tight - things will hopefully be looking good shortly.

Update - okay, it's not perfect but it will have to do for tonight.

The exercise:


Today is International Women's Day - celebrate a woman or two in your life in today's writing, be it poetry or prose.

Mine:

Mother don't worry,
Us kids are alright;
No fears of scurvy,
And we're mostly polite.

Two daughters and a son,
Our lives too rich to be stale;
A few bad things we've done,
But at least we've never been in jail!

So relax, take it easy -
You raised us right;
Stress will just get you queasy,
So sit down, have a drink - the future's looking bright.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm digging the new layout, Marc! :-)

Marc said...

Thanks Ana - I was sooo bored with the old one.

*straightens a painting on the wall*

Glad you like what I've done with the place :)