Thursday March 5th, 2009

The exercise:

Today's starter: curtain call.

Mine:

Michael Jackson announced in London today that he will play several shows there this summer in his "final curtain call."

*rubs temples*

Seriously?

*pinches nose*

Is this... is this really necessary? Are people actually keen to see and hear him... perform after all this time?

It seems to me this is a train wreck just waiting to happen. I don't know, maybe he needs the money to pay for his various habits and hobbies. Check that - I don't want to know. And just for the record - good lord that man is terrifying to look at. Why didn't anyone tell me the zombie invasion has begun?

I'm always the last to know about everything.

I suppose nobody is forcing me to attend or even read about it. But I just think that maybe he should wander off to pasture and play with his monkey and enjoy the retirement one might earn after selling 750 million records.

Oh hey, quick question - remember when Michael Jackson was still cool?

Yeah, neither can I.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

When he was young... before the train wreck left the station... he WAS cool (back then)! And a talented young man indeed. I won't pretend to analyze him from my armchair, but he really has a large fan base - still! And not just geezers who remember him. I have seen teens (?) and young adults gushing over MICHAEL! in vids and blogs.

*eyebrow raised*

Go figure! :)

Have a GREAT day!

septembermom said...

I'm visiting here for the first time. I'll take a shot at this starter :)

"RECOGNITION"

Quiet seeps into her bones
as she circles center stage.
Rehearsal hours away
as she plays to empty balconies.
Voice starts and stops
as she breathes those lines.
Understudy no more
as she feels the curtain call.

Marc said...

Tracy - 'before the train wreck left the station'... I like that :)

And I know he had his moments. I just think those moments should stay in the past. :P

Septembermom - I'm so glad you dropped by, I hope to see you around these parts again!

I really like your poem; you captured the scene beautifully.